Car seat covers - truck seat covers - minivan - suv TipsCar seat covers, truck seat covers, SUV seat covers, minivan seat covers is our specialty. AutoSeats.com is owned and operated by Jean Seat International, Inc. We are a leading manufacturer and distributor of seat covers, truck, suv and mini-van seat covers. We have served as a leader in the industry for over 30 years.
1. Pull the headrest out of the seat. Install each of the headrest covers. On some of the cars & trucks, (Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge) the headrest comes out buy using a paper-clip and pushing into the hole in the plastic grammet located on the top of the seat.
2. Install the back part of the seat covers from upper side downwards and stretch it. Push snap part through the seat and snap to the back of the seat cover.
3. Sitting part of the seat covers can be installed by using hooks provided with the seat covers. Each sitting parts uses 5 hooks. After laying seat bottom, pull elastic with hook to left and right side of the seat, and tie under the seat cushion to spring if possible not to each other. Some seats have electric controls; covers can be installed behind the plastic panel using a coat hanger.
Remove bottom and top part of the seats from the car. This
can be done either by removing the screws/nuts or pushing the bottom
towards the back seat so the seat can pop up. Most back parts of the
seat have 2 screws. After removing them, push the seat upwards. Put the
covers on both parts. Keep the pattern centered and aligned between the 2
parts of the seat. Use the hooks to tie the seats. Larger cover is for
the upper part of the seat. 60x40 rears are easy to figure out.
You may also download a copy of our Installation Instructions (1 MB, Adobe Reader required).
Seat Covers Care Instructions
Cotton is America's favorite fabric fiber today.
Cotton is naturally graceful and strong.
Cotton characteristics: durability, color diffusion and flexibility. It loves water. Because cotton easily absorbs water more than any other fabric, it can be systematically washed and can hold out repeated washings.
In addition to being one of the most comfortable fabrics, cotton can withstand a range of temperatures and responds well to color-safe bleach and a good detergent.
We strongly recommend after your seat covers installed apply Scotchgard Carpet and Upholstery Protector
To keep your seat covers longevity and colors vibrant:
Our seat covers are made with 100% Cotton that naturally absorbs and maintains color.
- Gently hand-wash with a mild detergent is recommended. But you can machine wash our seat covers.
- Do not use bleach on seat covers with silk screened logos.
- Only use color-safe products
- To machine wash turn your seat cover inside-out before washing.
- Set the machine on a gently cycle and cold water.
- Hanging dry is recommended. If you do not have a place to hang, put it in dryer on cold air warm setting only to restore softness set it up for gentle fabrics and remove immediately and fold to reduce wrinkles.
- Don't over dry! Dry just long enough to remove wrinkles and moisture. Too much heat can set wrinkles and shrink your seat covers.
- For quick stain pretreatment, apply water, seltzer or an ice cube to the affected area.
- Try a paste of salt and vinegar to remove wine or a detergent paste to remove proteins such as milk and egg yolk.
Many thanks to FabricofOurLives.com for source articles Caring for Cotton and Quick and Easy Laundry Tips for Clothes.
You may also download a copy of our Seat covers Care Instructions (1 MB, Adobe Reader required).